Boot Camp Translation: A Tool to Engage Communities for Patient-Centered Outcomes
The AHRQ's Practice-Based Research Network (PBRN) Resource Center hosted a research methodology webinar on July 28, 2015 at 2:30-4:00PM ET. Drs. Westfall and Nease and Ms. Zittleman discussed the Boot Camp Translation (BCT) method and how to implement it. The presenters discussed: how to create a BCT team; best practices; and things to avoid using project-specific examples from the High Plains Research Network.
This Live series activity, AHRQ Practice-Based Research Network Resource Center National Webinars, from 07/28/2015 - 07/28/2016, has been reviewed and is acceptable for credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This webinar has been approved for 1.25 elective CME credits
Moderator: Rebecca Roper, MS, MPH, Director, Practice-Based Research Network Initiative, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
Critical Reference Material:
- Boot Camp Translation training November 16th-18th, 2015 (PDF - 241.15 KB): Registration information is forthcoming; for those interested to learning more now, email Linda Zittleman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be on the lookout for the Boot Camp Translation Guidebook, which will be published in the coming months.
- Meet Jack Westfall, Linda Zittleman and Don Nease at the 2015 North American Primary Care Research Group (NAPCRG) Annual Meeting October 24-28th, where boot camp translation will be featured as a workshop, a podium presentation and a poster.
- For more information about Meta-LARC and other P30s, visit the AHRQ PBRN Resource Center P30 profiles.
- For a one-stop, comprehensive overview of the P30 program, including more information on the resources P30s have to offer and about trans-P30 collaborations, access the P30 Centers Overview Profile (PDF – 1.21 MB).
- Boot Camp Translation Videos from the High Plains Research Network YouTube page.
- Presentation Slides (PDF - 4.73 MB)