The mission of the Université Laval practice-based research network is to collaboratively address the clinical issues raised by clinicians and patients in primary care using scientific methods with the goal of producing and applying knowledge that will have an immediate impact on practice improvement and thus on patient and community health. To fulfil this vision and mission we will:
- Conduct a broad range of collaborative community-based primary care research projects
- Translate the knowledge produced into practice and develop new directions for inquiry
- Encourage clinician involvement and increase research capacity in primary care research in the university hospitals
- Promote collaboration among clinicians, researchers, staff and patients
- Act as a resource for all practices in the network.